Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Another piece sold




This year I submitted another piece to the Neuberger museum’s Paper Jam Auction and it sold. Not as much hoop-la over this piece, sadly. It’s a quiet collagraph that “I’m quite in love with. It was commented that she was “very simple” and I think people are more interested in Name recognition and color at the moment. I hope not, but what can you do?
Answer, add just enough colour without abandoning your original aesthetic. I'll be touching my monotonal collagraphs with some burnt reds and see how it looks.
I priced this peice higher than I would have on my own after getting some strong feed back, and as always this filled me with terror that people would laugh at me for asking so much. I wonder when that feeling of being under valued will fade away completely, or at all...

No comments:

Post a Comment