Monday, June 22, 2009

Pictures for the Akua VS Graphic battle


Here we are as promised. On the left you can see we have the carbon black Akua water based ink used on a very simple Ktype Collagraph. On the right I used bone black from Graphic Chemical. I took this picture of them side by side in the same frame so that it would be clear that the left isn't out of focus, the ink is doing that fuzzy thing all on it's own. It has a certain appeal, I'll admit, but maybe in a different application.


Here on the right I printed Ktypes with far more relief details for the ink to respond to. I feel the result is not surprising after the above out come. It does make me think that the Akua ink is more about color than depth and maybe would be better when used in full color prints. Now that I think of it, the adverts were all about multi colored prints that looked a bit silk screen like (ref. Dick Blick).

No comments:

Post a Comment