Monday, August 3, 2009

Storm drains should not, ideally, drain into the house.

In May I had a total shut down of art. Couldn't seem to make any of my prints work and so, I changed direction and started in one my Collagraphs. Then it started raining...
This was the 4th leak in the basement studio since we moved in last Nov. I was so angry. And then I was a bit worn out. Then I spent the next 3 weeks rearranging my studio and it's hundreds of pounds of paper and shelving so they could fix the leak. Then I felt defeated.
It's hard dealing with the constant set backs that come attached to being an artist, but I had to step back and remember that it's all one big package. Shortly after the mouldy water wave-o-destruction, I proofed the first of my new series; the Attic Cameos. After that I was accepted into the 'Inspired by Heritage' show at Blue Door in Yonkers.
Ironically, I had to deliver the 3 pieces in the pouring rain and spent Sunday last soaked to the skin. It 'has a kinda' poetry to it' as Zoey might say.
Moral of our story? When it rains it pours, and that's not so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment